IE 7 Released!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Immediately I shut down the shut dowm procedure showed
auto downlad/install 5 items which I presume were security updates asm y XPpro setup was fully updated.

There were no security installs bundled with IE 7 even after the install so you must have received other updates or you got it after Tuesday

Re: IE7 in use

D.Arbib said:

Apart from that and the fact that after installation I immediately had no less than 5 security installs, there is not a great difference between it and IE6.

There is no great difference between IE6 and IE7 ? are you sure ???

I see more difference between IE6 and IE7, than between FF1.5 and FF2.0

IE6 used to be my worst browser, but IE7 now is my second best browser after FF2.0, and I might like it more than firefox in the future.

You all blind or what?

New Interface
Internet Explorer 7 has a new interface that shows more of each webpage you visit. The streamlined toolbar makes it easier to add websites to your Favorites, search the web, clear your history, and access the other tasks and tools you use most.

Optimized Design
The new design, including consolidated menu items, smaller icons, and an overall decrease in toolbar height, optimizes the space on your screen so you see more of the websites you're visiting.

Favorites Center
The new Favorites Center makes it even easier to manage your favorite websites, your browsing history, and your RSS feeds with
just a few clicks.

Quick Tabs
One of Internet Explorer 7's more nifty built-in features is called Quick Tabs - a set of web page thumbnails you can cycle through, similar to Windows' Alt-Tab functionality.

To give Quick Tabs a try, open a few tabs in IE7, and hit Ctrl-Q. (Or click the Quick Tabs button to the left of your open tabs.) Use your arrow keys to move between the thumbnails and Enter to select one and bring it into focus.

Tabbed Browsing
Whether you're searching the web, comparing prices, or just staying on top of your favorite topic, Internet Explorer 7 lets you view many different websites at one time — all within one organized window. The new tabs in Internet Explorer 7 make it easy to browse multiple websites.

Search
Internet Explorer 7 brings your favorite web search providers to you. With the built-in search box, you can search the web at any time without having to open a search provider page. You can display search results in a separate tab, and then open the results in other tabs to quickly compare sites and find the information you want. You can even customize your search by setting your favorite search provider as the default.

The Power of Multiple Search Providers
You can choose which search provider you want to use as your default and then compare its results with those of other search providers by choosing another search provider from the list. You can also add search providers by selecting "Get Search Provider" from the dropdown list.

RSS Feeds
Don't waste time checking many different sites and blogs for updates. Just select the sites or topics you care about and Internet Explorer 7 delivers all the new headlines and updates to your Favorites Center.

Security
Internet Explorer 7 helps keep your information safe by alerting you to potential phishing sites — sites that look legitimate but actually are designed to capture your personal information. It's also easier to see which sites provide secure data exchange, so you can shop and bank online with confidence. Security badges indicate whether the site you are currently visiting is suspicious or a site known for phishing (capturing your personal or financial information).

Security
At a glance you'll see whether the site you're visiting has a valid secure sockets layer ( SSL) certificate or if there are irregularities in the certificate information. Phishing Filter™ warns you of suspicious sites that might attempt to collect your personal information.

Peace of Mind
And while you browse the web, Internet Explorer 7 automatically monitors your computer to protect you from unwanted and malicious programs that can be installed on your system as a result of surfing the web.

Thats just some of the new features

Warez Monster said:
Ohh but everyone jumps right into FF when their new builds come out, makes no sense

Not me. Call me a pessimist, but I have found it's better to wait a little while before jumping on the new stuff.
And by the way, I don't use FF. Not because I have any animosity toward it, but I just have never tried it. It may be the greatest thing since sliced bread for all I know.

(and what exactly was the greatest thing BEFORE sliced bread?)
But I digress...

I use IE and Netscape because they are what I am most familiar with. Err on the side of caution.

I've been on Firefox for a while now. I used each of the betas and RCs, right up to the release of 2.0. I'm jockeying 2.0 right now.

Opera 9 in my opinion is the worst of the three browsers, because it doesn't have any special feature over IE7 or FF2.0
IE7 and FF2.0 has all the features that opera has and more.
Also there is a lot of pages that doesn't render correctly in opera. So, I don't see any reason for anyone to use Opera.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom