Icons on IE6

Status
Not open for further replies.

martin beer

Beta member
I must admit I'm not really too clued up , so please excuse my ignorance.
I rather like the little icons for web pages when you click my favourites but I loose them when I get rid of my temp internet files. Is there an easy way of getting them back ?

try this:
Go to the "organize favorites" off the Favorites menu.
Find your links on the right side in the windows, right click to bring up the properties tab.

Then look on the Windows Documents tab.
There is a check box for "make available off line"--- check it
also, you change your icons on this tab too.

hope that helps!

PS. I have also wondered why that happens, but never tried to figure it out till now.... So, I'm not for sure my idea actually works
:)

martin beer- those small pics appear when someone creates a 16x16 icon, names it 'favicon.ico' and places it in the webpages directory. to get all the icons back in your favorites, just re-visit the site and they will dl.

They don't reload

There are a number of sites I visit regularly and they haven't reloaded. eg Urban 75 is a site that had the icon , cleaned my temp files and now it doesn't show. I know it's only a trivial thing but I kinda like them.

if you want to copy them you can just copy the file out of your temp directory.
is the icon you speak of the little pic that appears next to the URL?

yes

when you click the favourite button at the top of IE the logos of the page are initially put in but if you cleanup your temp internet files they are wiped and I don't know how to get them back

if you want to save the Icons when you dump the temp files copy the pics to another folder and go into the Favorites folder and right clcik on each one and hit change icon> browse and find and select the icon you want it will set it as that pages fav icon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom