I just got 1.5mb

Status
Not open for further replies.
congrats mang, welcome to the world of fast internet :D

I have 24mb down but sync at 16mbit....I usually download from mr. torrence about 1.6MB/sec which is plenty fast for me. :)

I have been with BT, Sky, and now BeThere.co.uk and it's the best ISP I have ever used, including those in the states I've had experience with. The price is great for here, the speed is amazing, unlimited usage, no capping/throttling, excellent and responsive support...oh and great ping times! Before with BT and sky I would usually ping 60-70ms to a CoD4 I usually play at...now it's 30-40ms :)

It's nice to be able to snatch a movie in just a few minutes :D

73158208bw3.png

My household has been looking to change ISP for a while now. We're currently on Freedom2surf.

Is there a package from BeThere.co.uk that you'd recommend?

I recommend Be Unlimited...although all the packages are unlimited.

Be Value is the same, but limited to 8mbit (if your line quality only allows you 8mbit then you might as well chose this one and save some money)

https://www.bethere.co.uk/

the descriptions are right there

Ok that's really annoying >_< I live in the middle of Kent yet there's no Bethere service down here.

Sure, there's some in ashford, tunbridge wells and Tonbridge, but they're all 30 minutes away by car =/ Looks like I'll have to wait a bit longer.

In the UK we have near total broadband coverage, but it's not that great. Our older phone system an the fact the system is still owned by BT is holding us back. We need to upgrade our phone system to get better internet an for Virgin media to pull the stick out it's arse an put BT out of business's.

Indeed, my area of Kent is capped at 2mbit yet our ISP provides us with 8mbit. Whilst some other areas of Kent have the 8mbit.

I agree that we as a country need to upgrade.

ADSL is crappy, it's fine when you need a basic internet connection it depends a large part on how far away you are from the local exchange the quality of the cable the equipment at the exchange ect.

I'm 5 minutes away from my local exchange and yet it's still bad =/

Exchange name: Boughton
Exchange code: NDBOU
Postcode: ME139AP
Maps: Our map|Multimap|Streetmap
Serves (approx): 1,839 residential premises
104 non-residential premises.

Broadband availability overview
ADSL: Yes
SDSL: No
LLU services: No
Cable: No
Wireless: No

BT Wholesale information
ADSL status: Enabled as of 03/12/2003
ADSL Max status: Enabled as of 31/03/2006
SDSL status: Not available
21CN WBC status: Not available
21CN PSTN switchover target: Q3 2009

Apparently it's already been put to Max ADSL, but I guess it's the state of the cables, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom