I just got 1.5mb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redmo0n

Techalicious
I just got 1500kb/s net!

May not seem like a big deal to most countries but Australia has **** net and i used to have 256k.

woo! Fast! Swish :D

It's about $69.95 p/m and we get $10 off (was 79) and 120 free calls since our phone is bundled with telstra.

You're lucky then, residential areas of the UK can have up to 8 Meg but BT (Our telecoms provider) cap all connections at 2 Meg. So that means we may get fast-ish net speeds, but when it comes to downloads, you usually see 250-500 Kbs.

I know the feeling, Redmo0n. I am on a 1.5 line at home, and came from dialup when we got it. I have a T-1 connection at work, but I get faster speeds at home. ;)

I am hoping that I will soon (3-6 months) be able to upgrade to 3.0... if the phone company will get off their duffs and get the upgrades in place.

I have a T-1 connection at work, but I get faster speeds at home. ;)

That's because all T-1 can do is 1.5mb. So it is the same as what you have at home, but at home you have less users. T-1 used to be something amazing that everyone bragged about or wanted, but now its like T-3 or T-4 that has the killer speed. Even most standard DSL (3mb/s) is faster than T-1.

Right now I have something like 16mb/s down and 2-3mb/s up. It is pretty amazing. If only I could get FiOS and get their 15/15 plan. That extra upload speed would be great for online gaming. But it costs like $50 more than my Comcast which is only $30 a month.

Hehe thank you. :D Luckily our local internet here in Fort Wayne has an expansive fiber optic network and is very affordable. If FiOS ever comes down in price I will definitely be switching to have that beautiful all digital signal and full 15/15 internet.

$30 for 16/2 ain't bad at all. I pay $34.95 for my 1.5. The 3.0 will be $5 more... I'm about 10 power poles shy (how my local phone company figures their line distances) of being able to get it right now. >.<

We have to pay $50 for our 1.5 over here >.>... ISP is GoldenWest, and they're the only ISP we can get around here, unless you want satellite. I agreed to pay half the DSL bill from my parents, b/c I talked them into getting it lol. We switched from Dial-up, straight to 1.5mb.

I have the 20mb cable connection from virgin Media... I suppose i am happy with that would like it faster though. Now all they need to do is send me a modem that WORKS been waiting 2 weeks for a new modem so i can actually get the 20mb speed (as opposed to my 13mb now but the new one they sent me refuses to turn on at all so they had better get there act together soon.

Sweden has the best Broadband in Europe an South Korea has the best in the world from what i was told on the BBC last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom