Hows My Website

Status
Not open for further replies.

in5us3d

Baseband Member
What do you think of my website? I want honest reviews.
Anyway, my website is designed to present the information in a elegant but unobtrusive way. It took me a long time to come up with a design and idea for my website that I actually liked for more than a week. Ive had this one for a couple months now.

Heres the URL

*URL*

your technique is good considering you are only 16. judging by your style, if you keep at it for a few more years you may be very good at graphic design or whatever you decide to do.

from your main site and your portfolio what i do notice is that your approach is wrong. by approach i mean the way your ideas are being executed or planned. in http://members.lycos.co.uk/in5us3d/portfolio/nsanethumb.png you are using a emtpy plain background making the overall design look empty.

you have also used a large amount of duplication and little variation of each. you have used the component method of layout. each part is laid out separately from each other like component audio system. there is a hard separation of each part. basically you are making a lot of boxes, try to think outside the box.

in my opinion that is the wrong approach because the overall design should flow as one single entity. another reason why it seems separated is partly due to your technique of using beveling.

beveling is not a bad approach, it just doesn't always work. when designing you have to have a good eye. you have to be able to know by looking what works and what doesn't. the more you practice the better get at judging, it is harder to judge your own work. hope i haven't bored you :)

No, I appreciate that. I actually am really awful at making visually good layouts. Its just not my strong point. Im ok at coding but I have a hard time coming up with any good imaginative fluid layout ideas. BTW, tha nsane site, that was not something I designed. I just CODED it for another person.
I dont know, maybe when I get photoshop so i can do better graphics, I can make better layouts. Right now Im using PaintShopPro. The image at the top of the arialvision page is a pretty good example of my work with PSP. PSP isnt really good for doing plasticky, metallish layouts. For right now, im sort of sticking with the boxy idea, cause its easier to code, doesnt require many heavy duty graphics. The arialvision page as you see is mainly composed of the header image, and two gradient bars at the sides to denote the edges. The content is presented in boxed with a simple gradient header. While its very simplistic, it still looks elegant in a way.
Im just not very good at grafhics, and i cant do advanced coding, so the whole component layout design is the easiet method for me right now.

I like the overall design of it it flows well but the organizational system seems to be a little messy.

the contrast seems low (it seem to be "greyish") but it is very "unoffensive to the eye" it very soft

Good Job

hat off to a fellow 16yr old geek ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom