How webpages are viewed in a foreign country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Financehansie

Beta member
Hi,

I like to know how (my) webpages are viewed in a foreign country. It should be an actual view, not a simulation or so. How could this be done?

Thank you,

Financehansie

Unless the site is blocked in other countries, it should look the same. I mean, the site you're on now is hosted in Australia. So you're technically in a foreign country as far as tech-forums is concerned ;)

Hello SOULphiRE,

It's not about blocking. The site has different pages for different countries/languages. I like to know how the pages are viewed in the different countries.

They will look exactly as you coded them to look. You have complete power over how they look. So if you coded them for different languages, then you see the page with that language instead of your native language.

All you have to do is open the page and change your CSS or how ever your doing it to view the other aspects yourself. There are various browsers that can do it. But overall the site is going to look exactly how you coded it to look. There is no way any foreign country or another person can view it anyway but the way you coded it to look.

Yeah I assumed it was US (and in fact have been told so several times).

nslookup or just ping techist.com, grab the IP and put it in an IP location website :D everything you needed was always right in front of you *strokes wizardy beard*

Could just use something like Flagfox or UltimateFlag to find out its location as well. *strokes wizard goatee*

Actually, TF is hosted in Texas but has always shown up as Australia. Go figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom