how to see a website that no longer exists

bigdan

Daemon Poster
So sometimes when I google something and the page from which it sources no longer exists I can click 'cache' on the google results page and see the result. Great!

What happens if I know the exact address it used to be at, but not what terms to search for? How do I find the google cache of it then?

thanks carnage. i did think of that but i don't think that would archive super specific things like random reddit links. google seems to do that frequently though. essentially im wondering how does one get to that google cache if we know the original url instead of the search term?

do you know how long a page has to be up before it appears in the google archive or archive.org?

thanks carnage. i did think of that but i don't think that would archive super specific things like random reddit links. google seems to do that frequently though. essentially im wondering how does one get to that google cache if we know the original url instead of the search term?

do you know how long a page has to be up before it appears in the google archive or archive.org?

No idea how long, I guess.

Back
Top Bottom