how the download accelerator software can speed up the download speed connections?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hanafeyah

Solid State Member
anyone have any idea how the download accelerator software can speed up the download speed connections?

it opens multiple download streams to the same file. Each stream downloads only one part of the file. the app then reconstructs the file once all streams are completed.

its similar to Bit Torrent technology.

Re:

...also to develop:

The reason why some downloads are slow is because most servers restrict the amount of bandwidth you can take up when downloading a file from them.

So for example, if i'm downloading a file from download.com and the maximum download bandwith I can take when connected to their servers is 40Kbps, I can get around it using a download accelerator to make multiple connections to the server...

...So let's say I a download accelerator to make three simultaneous connections to the server to download the file, therefore I'm obtaining a bandwidth of 120Kbps from their server.

Yea...Multiple connections help a lot, especially when the file is on many mirror sites and each site limits bandwidth.

However, if your ISP limits bandwidth (as many do) then DL accelerator will not help at all. It will use up CPU time and sometimes result in a slower download.

My DSL is capped at 300kbps and with or without DL accelerator, the speed is 300kbps. Hence, DL accelerator helps on very few sites where the server on the other end caps bandwidth to less than 300kbps. ALthough, your situation may be entirely different

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom