How do I retrieve a forgotten username?

Status
Not open for further replies.

theduke3148

Beta member
A question for some of you computer savy posters....

I have a baseball forum I post on I cannot remember the log-in name. When I open the website ny username is not in the log-in box for some reason. I always ask the website to remember log-in name and password. I have not deleted my history, cookies, etc.. The website asks for the proper log-in name so that it can email me my password to my hotmail account, but it won't accept when I type it. I've been logging so long automatically that I can't remember the exact username...it's like 15 characters and numbers:(

Anyways...is there anyway I can search my hard drive or computer for just my log-in name for that forum so It can email me my password? It has to be somewhere in the hard drive memory? I think I need to search cookies....? I dunno, not much of a tech here.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

I deleted the other thread as we don't allow multiple threads for the same thing.

Your best bet would be to contact the admin if the forum and let him know what happened. Email him from the email address you used to sign up with so he knows you are who you say you are. He should be able to get you up and running in nothing flat.

Thanks, I have tried a couple times but the reply says away until mid week. Kinda frustrating since we are doing a draft tonight and I need to log in. Any other suggestions?

My apologies for the multiple thread.

No, not really. A mod may be able to find your login name, but he couldn't reset your password.

I thought there was a way to search your computers past data like usernames, repetitive log-ins, etc.....no? Don't need the password, just my username.

The only way to do that would be through your browser history or possibly the cache. Even then it will just give you the website not your user name.

Maybe if you know a topic you have posted in you could search the forums to find that topic and it will remind you of what your user name is.

Other than that there is no way through your history or cache to get just i bit of text input that you have typed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom