How do I organize and sort my favorites list in IE7?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iron Feet

In Runtime
I did a format recently and started to adding sites to my favorites list. I know in the past I was able to drag a site in the list and move it from the bottom to the top or however I wanted to sort it.

Now the only feature I see is sorting by names. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

No you have to manually move them around. It should remember their location after that. With IE7 it does not allow for any other kind of organization.

You simply grab the icon for the link and then move it to where you want to see it while holding down on the left click button. Make sure it's the icon on the left not the link or you will end up at the site instead.

eyeCpc, that is exactly how I remember doing it in the past. Now when I try to move them, the icon and link are transparent when I try moving them up or down the list.

I've been looking through all the settings and I can't find if something is locked or disabled where it won't let me move them.:confused:

Which version of Windows are you running? In Vista you see favorites, feeds, and history once you click the favorites button right below that when the favorites column opens up. The Organize Favorites option is seen in the XP version of IE 7.

I have XP and IE7. Yesterday I tried the Organize Favorites option and moved them around. Today when I checked, it went back the way it was and didn't save the order I put them in. I didn't reboot or anything since yesterday either.

Should I try reformatting again, wipe everything clean and start over? I'd rather not but the favorites list out of order is really bothering me.

For one you don't reformat a drive but simply reinstall a fresh copy of IE 7 to see any problems corrected. First go into the DocumentsandSettings>user name>favorites to back everything up to a custom folder.

Once you download and save a fresh copy to a folder go into the control panel to uninstall the current one. After simply run the new copy followed by checking to see if the links appear once that is running or you simply need to recopy them back into the new folder created.

Can someone telll me all the time someone wants to reformat the entire drive for a smaller problem? If Winodws is a total waste or you run into a nasty virus infection that's when you often have to wipe everything to start all over. For your problem there it's limited to one item you can reinstall easily.

eyeCpc, that did the trick and fixed it. Thank you very much for your help!!

The reason I re-formatted a few days ago was because I had a very bad virus that I couldn't get rid of. My mouse pointer just kept blinking and everything was locked up solid. It was my last resort and trust me, I didn't want to have to do it.

Anyways, thanks again for your help!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom