How do i edit a .cfg file?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nishanth

Beta member
im tryin to play counter strike and whenever i try to go into a server it says "LAN Games Restricted to Class C Clients" so the counter strike faq thing told me to do this:
"Game Servers can be LAN Servers or they can be Internet Servers.

In order for Internet players to connect to your Server, you must enable your Server to be an Internet Server. You do this by entering "sv_lan 0" in the Server console, in the server.cfg or in the listenserver.cfg file.

Typically, only Listenservers (where the Server is also a Client) are LAN Servers by default.

If you are behind the same router as the Server, then you must connect to the your Server using the internal IP address of the Server and and not the external IP address"

So how do i edit the .cfg file?

TY i dont noe anytin about computers

ok i got it open and i just copied "sv_lan 0" and just paste it into the file? or do i have to enetr something else to it i added "sv_lan 0" at the bottom and the game still gives me the same error

look in the server.cfg file (or edit -> find) and locate the line that has sv_lan 1. Change the 1 to a 0.

If you're trying to set up a server for people to access over the internet from home behind a router, you're gonna run into more problems. It's not the easiest of things to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom