how do i download an entire internet site?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use an older version of Teleport Pro. I can not say I have been happy with the newer versions.

GoZillia used can do the same too if you know what you are doing with it. (Personally, i don't like the spyware that comes with it)

There is also the program Download Accellerator where you can get it to download every link from a page that you are visiting.

How ever, some time i need to hit a manufacturer's website for all there drivers. As some time, I have found that you can long onto the website via Anonymous FTP on whatever FTP client. And from there, I can download entire directories.
I have done that with the ESS Chipset site as i find it's useful to have their drivers.
(Now if I could do the same with Creative and S3)

The programs mentioned above do not download entire sites. If that was possible, hacking would be incredibly easy.
What they do is find links and download the pages from the links. You can just go to a page, right click and press view source, and save a copy of the text that comes up somewhere on your hard drive. Then, open the file in Internet Explorer and you have a page. Do that for every page you want to download.

Raylu ... Firstly ..why bother going thru all that trouble of viewing source n' then saving the file ..when i could just click the File>save option...

Secondly ... Ur wrong 'bout those programs not saving website .. Both Teleport Pro n' Webcopier .. Download the contents of websites ..based on various criteria like link depth , type of file etc...

N' if they only downloaded links ..it would not be possible to view the sites in offline mode ... Would it? :rolleyes:

No, that's not what I mean. It looks at the links and downloads the pages it links to. There are files on the servers that are not linked to. Some of them store usernames/passwords...

I've used the save page before but it doesnt work. It downloaded everything but the page. I just view the source; its not that hard.

Re: Re: how do i download an entire internet site?

bluto said:
I won't even read the replys.
Are you kidding ???
You can only dl what they want you to,one at a time.
What in hell are you trying to do ???
:confused: :confused: :confused:

Ur being exactly what ur avtar says "grumpy old geezer"

Have u even bothered to give a shot at anyof these apps ....:rolleyes:

N' raylu ...yes most of these apps tend to get the site thru the links ..but it is very much possible to get all files of the server provided they haven't restricted it .. Use tools like Web parser ,Flashget,Leechget

Also ..DOesn't the source contain the same thing as the links ...
N' how do u intentend parsing php files viewing the source :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom