How can I extract all emails from a Gmail account? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Internet > Internet Software and Browsers
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 05:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Smile How can I extract all emails from a Gmail account?

Hi,

I have a gmail account that has received emails from paypal, which contain customer email addresses. Since I can't access emails past a month in paypal, it would be ideal if I could get every email address in an email sent by paypal to me and then copy it to a text file. I'd like to use the list for mass mailing product reminders, etc. Before I spend the time to write a script, has anyone heard of software that will do that? Thanks for your help!

If that sounded confusing, I need a script that will search through a specified set of emails, extract every address in those emails, and then copy them to a txt file.

Old 11-01-2010, 10:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus

Default Re: How can I extract all emails from a Gmail account?

Sorry but this cant be done. At least not by hacing the script go online and search GMail. Now if you use something like Thunderbird, Outlook or Windows Live Mail that stores the mail locally, then you might be able to do something. But AFAIK nothing like this exists.

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

Closed Thread