how can i disable the webpage sounds completely

Status
Not open for further replies.

raverx3m

Daemon Poster
i have not seen any effect from the IE properties. that feature looks like its just there without any roots to it.
i still get those annoying webpage background sounds and embedded media players and especially those ads.

is there an activex control or a java script that is responsible for those **** sounds?

i want complete silence from my IE or whatever page is loaded in it.

Firefox + NoScript extension + Flashblock extension would do the trick.

I don't know of any way for IE to do it unless you turn off your speakers.

that would mean i wont see any javascript.
it would be nice it micrapsoft made a separate volume control for the browser...
i mean its been out since 1995...

what exactly does "play sounds in web pages" option do ? i have not seen any difference with it on or off..

Why have a separate control for the browser? That makes no sense at all. How would the PC know if you are trying to control the Browser Volume or the System Volume? what if i have my browser minimized and want to turn up my music? Would it go with my System or Browser volume?

There is to much going on to just implement a "browser volume control" as everything has to be considered.

Add-ons Gallery

Have you gone through every single Add On to see if there isnt one already created to do what you want? Have you tried to use the InPrivate Browsing with the filter and remove those ads?

If you have windows vista/7 it does have a IE volume control. Just right click on the speakers and go to mixer. Should be in there (I was in youtube w/ mixer open and as soon as video began to play i got the option). If you have xp you might be SOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom