hotmail and jpeg downloads

Status
Not open for further replies.

confoozed

Beta member
Hi There,
I've got a real strange problem viewing JPEG's under very very specific circumstances. I was wondering if anybody has ever heard of such a problem.

The problem occurs when logged on to my Hotmail account and attempting to save pictures that have been embedded within an email. I start by right clicking on any jpg file and clicking on "Save Picture As" and ultimately save the pic on my desktop. The file gets saved and is the correct size as well but it seems to be corrupted and I smply cannot view it regardless of which application I use to try to view it (ACDSee 7.0, Microsot Picture Manager, Internet Explorer etc). I just get an empty black screen or an white icon with a red 'x' on it.

Also, on any another computer, I have no problem downlonading the same picture from the same email from the same hotmail account???

Further, on the same computer, if I forward that email to some other email account (outlook express, yahoo etc.) I am able to download the jpeg without any problems.

Thanks for the help in advance.

what browser are you using?

and are they the same verision number on both?

is it saving it with the right extension? like .jpg

The three computers that I am testing this on are IE 6.0 and yes it does save the file as an .jpg extension .

Thanks.

i am thinking your security settings are different on each computer.

IE has tons of different security settings and maybe those are affecting the way it's being download.

give firefox a shot on the computer you are having problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom