HOT

XWrench3

Daemon Poster
i have cpuid HWMONITOR installed on bth of my computers. this evening i just happened to open it just to have a look. to my surprise, one of the temperatures was 127 degrees Celsius! the trouble is, i am not sure what is hot. i am attaching a photo. i shut the computer down right away.

Attachments

• WP_20170721_010.jpg
    WP_20170721_010.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 6
127*C would be crazy hot... Most likely a glitch in that temperature sensor, or in the software reading the temp.

Could always run it right away on startup when things should still be fairly cooled down, and see if it still displays that temp. If it does, most likely just a bad temperature sensor (it happens), or the software isn't reading it right.

127c is a "no input" value designated for that particular sensor. Nothing to worry about

its probably the mechanic in me, we were taught to trust our gauges until proven faulty. is there a way to find out what it is supposed to be monitoring? i did go to the website and poked around a little, but i could not find what it measures.

127c is a "no input" value designated for that particular sensor. Nothing to worry about

i have heard of "supercooling", but that's crazy. i would think the mechanical side of a hard drive would have troubles IF you actually got one that cold.

127c is about 260f, surely something would have cooked before it got that hot

yes, the first thing i did when i saw that was to go to the exhaust fan and smell. because it it was correct, there would certainly be the smell of plastic melting. when it smelled normal, i started looking closer at the rest of the readings. something else would surely be askew if something was that hot. if there was any indication of anything being even beyond warm, i would have shut it down immediately, went and retrieved the non contact thermometer and started searching.

its probably the mechanic in me, we were taught to trust our gauges until proven faulty. is there a way to find out what it is supposed to be monitoring? i did go to the website and poked around a little, but i could not find what it measures.

i have heard of "supercooling", but that's crazy. i would think the mechanical side of a hard drive would have troubles IF you actually got one that cold.

yes, the first thing i did when i saw that was to go to the exhaust fan and smell. because it it was correct, there would certainly be the smell of plastic melting. when it smelled normal, i started looking closer at the rest of the readings. something else would surely be askew if something was that hot. if there was any indication of anything being even beyond warm, i would have shut it down immediately, went and retrieved the non contact thermometer and started searching.
The difference between mechanical gauges and a piece of software is it's only as good as the writer. IMO a sensor with no information should read 0 or - not 127c. If you Google it there's lots of info pointing towards it being the default it goes to when it doesn't detect sensor information. These pieces of software are written to be universal so they are made to look for probes that not all boards have,

i see. it IS rather odd that the creator of the software would have that be the case. do you suppose there is a bit of fear that he could be sued, if a machine burned down if a sensor read "0" rather than hotter than hot. i personally believe that kind of thing has reached near pandemic proportions now days. which is crazy when your talking about FREE SOFTWARE. the person that spent his or her time certainly is not gaining wealth from sharing his or her time and abilities. in my mind, things like freeware, and what you guys are doing here goes under the heading of public service. and for that, you (all the moderator team) should be granted immunity unless there is purposeful malice involved. and i have not seen ANY of that on this board.

Back
Top Bottom