Homepage Hijacked

Status
Not open for further replies.

DLee

Beta member
My Homepage was hijacked by My.Freeze.com, and I'm unable to change it back. I've tried changing it under Internet Tools etc., but everytime I click on my browser button, Mozilla, My.Freeze appears. Any ideas how to correct this? My Internet Options screen is not displaying an "apply" button, but only "o.k" and "change".

Thanks! I've tried Spy-Bot, Spy Sweeper, ad-aware, & others, but they don't change anything.

Waiting for your hijack log DLee The only way to know for sure what kind of hijack you have is by running a hijack this log

First, create a folder for HijackThis in the root folder of your hard drive so it can make proper backups

example

C:/HJT/
C:/hijackthis/

next

Click here to download Hijack This. 1.99.1 Save it to the folder you have just created

Close all open windows and open HIJACK THIS. Click “Scan” . When the scan is finished (it only takes a second), the scan button will change to“Save Log”. Click on“Save Log” and save it to NotePad. Copy the entire log and paste it here.

DO NOT FIX ANYTHING YET , most items that appear in the log are harmless or even needed. Wait for someone to analyze the scan and advise.

we can see a little better whats going on with your computer

Post your log in this part of the forum
http://www.tech-heaven.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=126

Lobos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom