High memory usage on streaming videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cobra21

Beta member
Hello!

About 3 days ago while streaming a movie on Netflix I noticed the video starting to get choppy while the audio continued on normally. It got to a point where it was unwatchable. At first I assumed it was my internet connection but after some tests on that I know it is not. I have discovered its not just Netflix, but any video (Hulu, Youtube, CBS). In my task manager I noticed my browser's memory usage sky rockets to about 400k and just keeps rising whenever video is playing. I have tried in Firefox, Chrome, and even unwillingly IE, still same problem. I have a relatively new ASUS laptop with an intel i-7 and 8GB of RAM. And like I said this just started a couple days ago and have never had a problem up until then. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Tried updating Flash? If it's already up to date, tried uninstalling / reinstalling it?

Also try right clicking the video > Settings > Uncheck "hardware acceleration" > hit OK > restart your browser.

Thanks for the reply....Flash (and silverlight, on netflix) are both up to date. I have tried uninstalling/installing probably 3 times now still to no avail. Hardware acceleration have alright been unchecked. Flash is not as bad as silverlight, as those videos are still viewable but just seem to be taking up more memory than they should. Also if it is any help my CPU usage is completely normal while watching these, its just the memory thats super high. Any other ideas??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom