Hide files? How to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreaming<>demon

In Runtime
Ok,
Myself and a friend are currently creating a game idea for PC, and have many notes on it etc etc, I have made a point of not typing any of our ideas on an internet connected PC, due to the possibilties of the info being stolen :eek: .. however unlikely that is - it is still possible... So I tried to tell him and his "do whatever I want" girlfriend NOT to type the ideas up - its just not necessary.

ahem... although, I dont think that they are listening to me, so I would really appreciate if someone can please tell me how to make files like .txt etc "hidden" or unable to be sent through internet connection at all.

Okay, well lets start at the beginning. Even if you so-called 'hide' your files, any resourceable cracker can get it, without trying, I would know. Secondly, the safest way to 'hide' files, is to simply follow the next steps:

1: Save you file (duh)
2: Zip/rar, or whichever compression you would like to use
3: Rename the file, with a random extension (such as .wmv, or .www)

Now, when you want to open the file again, just use your rar/zip program and direct it directly to the folder (or in this case -file-) and you're set. This is almost as good as very 128-bit encryption, becase the cracker won't have any idea what to -look- for.

-Steve

this software i spretty neat. free version limits storage space to 25mb, but you can create multiple spaces. It mounts an encrypted storage space to a windows drive letter. Don't have the app with the correct password? You dont get access unless you create a selfdecrypting file.

CRYPTAINER LE ENCRYPTION SOFTWARE

Secure your data and ensure absolute privacy with Cypherix's powerful encryption software, Cryptainer LE. It's powerful 128 bit encryption, creates multiple 25 MB encrypted containers (vaults) on your hard disk. These encrypted vaults can be loaded and unloaded when needed. You can view, modify and hide all types of files with a single password.

You can protect your files and folders and ensure total privacy with Cryptainer LE. Simply drag and drop the files and folders you want to hide and voilà! Your files are hidden! With Cryptainer LE you can hide the very existence of your confidential files and folders.

Additionally, Cryptainer LE allows you to send encrypted email files. The recipient need not even have a copy of Cryptainer LE installed to decrypt the files.

Thanks very much guys,

Ive put this all into action and will not ask, but make my friend and his girlfriend use these methods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom