Hey, question about installing stuff on other comp over lan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sk2k52

Beta member
Hey there I'm chilling at a Panera, connected to my home comp over hamachi n some lan so I can browse and alter any files over my home computer. i was wondering though, is there a way I could install things to my home computer from my laptop like this? Or perhaps open the files and actually control what's shwoing up on that computer, or see whats opened on that computer?

I'm very fascintated in computers n tech though my abilities to learn is limited to trial/error and questioning for aid from greater minds (such as you all) via sources such as this, as sadly I'm the most tech savy person I know that I can refer to, despite how limited my knowledge is.

Thanks in advance for aid, I wont be able to reply till later tonight though as going to head off to work in a few.

You could try installing a program called vnc. It's pretty good (and free), lets you control your computer remotely. Never tried installing software with it tho. I suppose it'd work though. lol, not sure about how you'd get that installed from Panera though.

hang on, doing some research...

You could try installing a program called vnc. It's pretty good (and free), lets you control your computer remotely. Never tried installing software with it tho. I suppose it'd work though. lol, not sure about how you'd get that installed from Panera though.

hang on, doing some research...

Thanks, I installed UltraVNC but only had like 20 minutes to try figuring out how to get it to work before having to go, hopefully I'll get home earlier today to be able to get it to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom