help with yahoo????

Status
Not open for further replies.

XWrench3

Daemon Poster
i am not sure if this is where this belongs or not, so if it isn't, please move it to where it should be. i have a question about yahoo. i have yahoo e-mail, and their i.m. installed, i like them both just fine, and actually enjoy texting back and fourth with one freind in particular. anyway, there is one VERY ANNOYING thing i do NOT want, or like. in my control panel, i have Google listed as my search engine. but somehow yahoo hijacks it to them. i absolutely hate this! if i wanted yahoo as my search engine, i would specify it as such. is there a way to reset, or block, or somehow stop this from happening? i looked in their help section, but i can not find anything on it. i tried to type in the question in their search yahoo help, but they conveniently make sure you can not ask that question by making you select category, and sub category, of which one is not search engine. so it keeps you from typing in the question. i really do not want to set up a new e-mail account with someone else, but if that is what it takes, i will. my question then is if i keep the yahoo i.m., will that keep the search engine hijacking as well. because of my friend, i do not want to get rid of that. am i stuck with something i hate? /// additional information. i am using mozila firefox browser. and if i click on that icon, the fisrt time it opens, my screen goes to google. but anytime i open another dialog box across the top, it comes up as yahoo. thanks.

Search Engine preferences are set by Browser. Go into your Firefox settings and set your search engine preference. You may have to reset it after a Yahoo IM update, but you can set whatever search engine you want with Firefox or any other browser. Doesnt matter what IM or email client you use.

well, i looked every place i could find in the top of the browser panels for a place to change search engines, and i could find nothing. the setting in my computer under internet options is set for google. i also tried just opening up mozilla firefox to see if the pages opened as google or yahoo. the first page is google, but every tab (another page) comes up yahoo, even with no yahoo apps open. i do not know where in mozilla to go, to see if yahoo is set someplace. does anyone know where i should look? thanks.

You check the Settings of Firefox. Not the settings of your PC. Type in about:settings in the Firefox address bar and there check the options for what your search engine says. You are checking all the wrong places for the wrong things.

Browser operate independently than the OS. So what the settings are for search engines in IE will have no effect on what Firefox uses. Since you say you check the Internet Options that means that your Internet Explorer will use Google. That does not have any effect for Firefox.

If you dont know where to look within a piece of software, check their site and their sites FAQ's. (Frequently Asked Question's) You will get a much faster response than asking here and waiting. Their websites are designed to answer such questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom