Help with my IE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Virus Spyware Section

Post hijackthislog

Go through Osiris's guide

That was already done. Got a clean bill of health before he came here.

Dr.Gootch. I am sorry to say but it seriously sound like either A.) you haev been hacked or B.) your system is infected again.

I mean you got browser hijacks even with a re-install of IE. You got admin prompts when you did not change settings. Something is wrong.

Try a repair install. That is the last thing i can think of to help you out.

i did that and its the same, now its getting worse. Now if i push ALT + CTRL + DEL the sys manager wont open it says, task manager has been disabled by the administrator, and i never go on admin =/. this account is set at admin i dont know whats going on!!!

Ok, you've got some nasty spyware/malware.
First you need to follow the procedures you were given in the Spyware/Virus forum here, even if you've already gotten a clean bill of health follow the procedures again. Then go Here and follow those steps to re-enable the task manager.
You can also try My Guide for spyware/malware cleaning as well once you have done Osiris's. But you definitely have malware on the box.

As i have stated in my previous post. He was already there before he came here.

http://www.techist.com/forums/f74/my-hijackthis-log-164831/

He was given a clean bill of health from Osiris. So unless he has gotten infected in the last couple of weeks his system is clean.

He can try going thru it again. But this was just done and the problem still persisted. Read the end of the HiJack thread right after Osiris said he was clean. He stated that very same day he was still having these issues. It goes beyond spyware.

Well he has clearly re-infected himself because the task manager issue is a known malware symptom that is frequently caused by Vundo variants.

So regardless of whether he was clean 2 weeks ago or not he's infected now and needs to clean the system again. He's not getting browser hijacks, he's got a piece of adware generating popups. Another known symptom of several Vundo variants.

To be honest he probably needs to take the machine to a professional or let someone he trusts remote in and fix the issue because there's a good chance it will require some specialized cleaning.

well guys i just ran COMBO FIX, and it took away some of the popups now i can open my task manager. I think i should just reinstall XP but i got an illegal download one and i had to hack it to make it guinie, prolly spelt wrong lol. But i know thats not the problem from my popups. Cuz i had this xp for about 2 years. And now this crap is happening, So i got to options here, format and reinstall or what? Im not taking my PC to a tech shop they charge a **** load. and i know alot about computers. I built this one and repaired it many times but this problem i cant seem to fix.

But neways it dont matter if its illegal or legal because i did it not u, has no effect on you. neways i fixed it myself i used a-squared Security Center. thanks for all u guys helping me!

Well he has clearly re-infected himself because the task manager issue is a known malware symptom that is frequently caused by Vundo variants.

So regardless of whether he was clean 2 weeks ago or not he's infected now and needs to clean the system again. He's not getting browser hijacks, he's got a piece of adware generating popups. Another known symptom of several Vundo variants.

To be honest he probably needs to take the machine to a professional or let someone he trusts remote in and fix the issue because there's a good chance it will require some specialized cleaning.
While this is true as i have stated he posted teh very same day he got the clean bill of health. So it was more than jsut malware. Since he was still infected after he got clean. So it was a browser hijack that turned into something else. ;)

Illegal XP = I'm not helping you any more. Good luck.

pfff!

I'll help you ;D

Ok well since you got new pop-ups and crud post a new hijackthislog here and ill take a look. Also maybe download an anti - virus like Avg Free or Kaspersky.

Avg - Download AVG Free Edition 7.5.516 - filehippo.com

Kasper - Download Kaspersky Anti-Virus 7.0.1.321 Beta - filehippo.com

Keep the anti - virus you choose up to date and scan whenever you think you have a problem.

Now because the problem is spyware and it keeps reinfecting your system i think it might be something to do with either a Thumb drive or someone elses computer. Have you used a thumb drive or swapped files with someone else?

Make sure your firewall is on (windows firewall) and if you have more problems ill think of something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom