grrr firefox

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamBarry

In Runtime
The 2nd time in a month Firefox has completly re-set itself on my rig, losing all my bookmarks and settings. Why does it do this, how can i stop it, soemone hlep, its really starting to piss me off!

Dun worry, its being a known issue in firefox....but the good news is : U didnt lose ur bookmarsk for ever they r still at ur HDD...simply go to :

Bookmarks are sorted in:

c:\documents and settings\[your windows logon]\application data\mozilla\firefox\profiles\[random salting].[your profile name]\bookmarks.html

That should be ur original bookmarks saved in firefox...now inside firfox..open : Bookmarks > manage bookmarks > File > Import

And import the bookmarks.html u just found....u should find ur original bookmarks restored

Hope that helps

N.B : Member " jinexile" originally posted the bookmarks path :) !

yeah cuz fire fox keeps asking which profile you want to use, but the bad thing is that you can't use the one you're already using cuz it'll say already running. and whn u run firefox that msg pops up all the time!!! sooo annoying

There should be a selection to just select your profile, and it should remember it.

If you get the message of "choose a profile" or what ever. You just click cancel and go to task manager (ctrl+alt+del) and the Firefox process will still be open and the Memory Usage will be a lot higher than normal. Close the process and open firefox again it should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom