Google & Mozilla drop Adobie Flash

Spud1200

Fully Optimized
I've been reading this and thus the likes of you tube has moved over to HTML -5 as its default Web Experience for interactivity.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/adobe-flash-does-actually-104711593.html#GIIBSrh

Yahoo.co.uk isn't the best for tech News I know but it has some interesting stuff in their and mabie you aren't aware. I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned.

Apparently since 2010; Safari hasn't included Adobe Flash as a default after Steve Jobs announcement.

Flash needs to die - same with Java. Both are riddled with security holes.

Unfortunately I don't see Java going anywhere anytime soon.

Flash needs to die - same with Java. Both are riddled with security holes.

Unfortunately I don't see Java going anywhere anytime soon.
Well if it is one good thing about Java is that there are free and open source alternatives to it that actually do get updated frequently, the big issue comes from Oracle who are just as bad or worse than Microsoft in their corrupt business practices

Well if it is one good thing about Java is that there are free and open source alternatives to it that actually do get updated frequently, the big issue comes from Oracle who are just as bad or worse than Microsoft in their corrupt business practices

Microsoft isn't really "corrupt" anymore like they were in the 90's... they've been doing MUCH better. Hell, even just this year they open-sourced .NET, started the VS Community Edition for developers (free for commercial use for people or groups of < 3-5), created a cross platform standalone code editor (with intellisense and debugging!), and among other things. IMO, Apple is more corrupt and heading more towards a "90's Microsoft" style whereas MS has kinda "grown out" of it.

But yes, Oracle is terrible :) lol.

What alternatives are available to Flash and Java? and how is oracle terrible and what is it exactly?

Well lately flash has been slowly replaced by HTML5 or native plugins such as pepperflash or mozillas slow developing shumway.
As for java alternatives there is open JDK/icedtea which in my experience run smoother and faster then standard java but YMMV

As for Oracle:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oracle_Corporation

Oracle has really chased down software patents such as andoid using java as its base, they arte a greedy company that rivals Microsoft in the 90s or apple today.

What alternatives are available to Flash and Java? and how is oracle terrible and what is it exactly?

MadmanRB hit the nail on the head.

Oracle bought out Sun (the original creators of Java). They're a software company basically.

They maintain the Java programming language, thus maintains the Java Runtime Environment, Oracle Database software, among other things.

For your reading enjoyment, Some Java history
1)James Gosling, Mike Sheridan, and Patrick Naughton initiated the Java language project in June 1991. The small team of sun engineers called Green Team.

2) Originally designed for small, embedded systems in electronic appliances like set-top boxes.

3) Firstly, it was called "Greentalk" by James Gosling and file extension was .gt.

4) After that, it was called Oak and was developed as a part of the Green project.

History of Java - Javatpoint

Oh, and Sun also sued Microsoft because MS was trying to redo Java basically...so MS laughed at them and made C# (which IMO is superior to Java) :p.

Back
Top Bottom