Google Chrome screen burn in

CJxShoTz

Baseband Member
I use Google Chrome primarily and I have it open a lot. Subsequently, the tab bar, the address bar, and the bookmark bar creates burn in on my LCD screen. Is there any way to remedy this? I'm thinking like a clear layout I can put up there. Thanks for any help.

Well you can choose to hide the bookmarks bar unless you're on the New Tab page, so I'd start by doing that.

Can try searching the themes in the Chrome Store for a clear theme (not sure if there is one though).

How long/often are you in Chrome that your screen is getting burn in from it o_O Do you not multitask or do anything else but sit in Chrome all day/every day? lol

CarnageX said:
How long/often are you in Chrome that your screen is getting burn in from it o_O Do you not multitask or do anything else but sit in Chrome all day/every day? lol
I was just going to ask if OP ever turns the laptop *off*.

Well you can choose to hide the bookmarks bar unless you're on the New Tab page, so I'd start by doing that.

Can try searching the themes in the Chrome Store for a clear theme (not sure if there is one though).

I do alot of internet browsing, reading through forums, news, Facebook etc, probably for an hour at a time sometimes, lo and behold I have burn in from my browsing. Everyone says LCDs don't get burn in, and maybe it's a different type of burn in than Plasma, but I definitely have burn in.

Also, I'm not on a laptop I'm on a desktop.

I do alot of internet browsing, reading through forums, news, Facebook etc, probably for an hour at a time sometimes, lo and behold I have burn in from my browsing. Everyone says LCDs don't get burn in, and maybe it's a different type of burn in than Plasma, but I definitely have burn in.

Also, I'm not on a laptop I'm on a desktop.

An hour is not that much at all... I have Chrome open on my display way longer than that doing nothing except sitting there and I've never got any burn in on my displays.

What monitor do you have? I'm thinking you just have a lower-quality LCD monitor/display that's susceptible to burn in.

An hour is not that much at all... I have Chrome open on my display way longer than that doing nothing except sitting there and I've never got any burn in on my displays.

What monitor do you have? I'm thinking you just have a lower-quality LCD monitor/display that's susceptible to burn in.

Olevia 28 or 29" widescreen, not sure of model number.

Back
Top Bottom