Google Chrome Is The Fastest Browser For Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Google Chrome Is The Fastest Browser For Windows 7

Lifehacker have just ‘confirmed' what I believed to be true, that Google Chrome is the fastest browser available for Windows 7. Of course for every test there will be someone who's says that the methodology was biased or incorrect, but I think Lifehacker made a good attempt at producing fair test results by testing how long it takes for browsers to start up and load pages, and how much memory is eaten up, from a user's perspective. The tests were performed on a Lenovo ThinkPad T61p, with 2GB of RAM and a 2.0 GHz Centrino Duo processor running Windows 7 Home Premium.

I've enjoyed using chrome now and then

but what kept me as a fox fan is the massive amount of add-ons

once chrome gets more add-ons, I'll definitely switch over.........unless firefox 4.0 is just as fast :D

:) I love it, when I have to use internet explorer I can really tell that it's slower than Chrome.

One thing I can't decide on though is using Adblock+ or Bfilter proxy server to block ads. Bfilter is pretty easy to use, but it blocks some things I don't want blocked (some people's sigs and avatars for example, I can't find anything in the filter list about it though). Right now I'm using Adblock+ because of that, but I think the items still load before they are hidden, with Bfilter it blocks them from loading in the first place.

A smaller memory footprint doesnt make the browser faster. Heck IE has a smaller memory footprint than Chrome if you looked. Chrome loads up with almost 300MB used in the Task Manager, no matter how many tabs are open. Yet IE will only use 85MB.

K-Meleon is based off of the Gecko Engine which is the same one Firefox uses. It doesnt use the same type of scripts that Chrome uses to load Javascript which is what makes Chrome so fast at this point. so yeah while K-Meleon may be faster to start up overall, it is still using the slower based Gecko Engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom