Google Chrome 5 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Google Chrome 5 Beta

The Google Chrome 5 development has reached a new milestone with the release of Google Chrome 5 Beta for Windows operating systems. The official release version of the Google browser is still version 4 but users and developers who are interested in testing the latest additions and improvements can download developer or beta releases of the web browser to do so.
Google Chrome 5 beta fixes two security vulnerabilities making it a recommended update for all beta and dev users of the Chrome browser.
More important than that is a new option in the Google Chrome Options. The developers have added a setting to turn off the offer to translate websites that are not in the default system language.

Well it is nice that it finally wen to Beta. But what build number is it? I have been running the Dev and i am up to date according to their own Updater. So why should I update to a Beta if that is the same build number as i am running? It makes no sense.

guess this means that Chrome 6 will hit the Dev channels soon. XD

They are running through the numbers so fast that they will be needing to use scientific notation before very long. :p

5.0.360.0 right?
That is also the one currently being distributed on the Dev Channel. Which if that is true, then the author needs to make a bit of an adjustment to his article when saying that people on the Dev Channel need to update cause that is the build that has been in use for about a week now. Why update when it is the same exact build that they released as the beta. Not enough research done to make such a statement.
They are running through the numbers so fast that they will be needing to use scientific notation before very long. :p
They needed that a long time ago. They are trying to bypass IE for the highest number in use.:crazy:

No I didn't update to the beta, I was asking if that's the build you are on also ;). I'm assuming it's the same though, I'm just going to stay on whatever build the Dev channel puts out.

Sorry. Yes that is currently the build i am running from teh Dev Channel. Funny enough, i just started up XP Mode and installed Chrome direct from the Beta Channel and guess what, it is the same build. So i switched it to the Dev Channel. They are very stable for me even being only Developer builds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom