Gmail SPAM!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dante_Caligari

In Runtime
Recently, I have been being BOMBARDED with SPAM. I know that quite a few e-mail services allow you to block all incomming e-mail except the e-mail from those on your contact's list, but as far as I have been able to find, Gmail lacks this. Is there anyway I can control the SPAM that I have been getting lately?

Really? I thought gmail had a bulit in spam blocker or something... I Haven't got one spam email seince I opend my gmail accound a couple or years ago.

Can't you go in under your settings in gmail and go into the filters and customize them?
and if something comes in with the words "Lower your mortgage now" Gmail can automatically move them to the spam folder or delete them?

Really? I thought gmail had a bulit in spam blocker or something... I Haven't got one spam email seince I opend my gmail accound a couple or years ago.

Can't you go in under your settings in gmail and go into the filters and customize them?
and if something comes in with the words "Lower your mortgage now" Gmail can automatically move them to the spam folder or delete them?

Yeah, have tried getting filters to work, but I have not really had much luck. I will take another look though. What I really want to do is just block everyone that is not on my contacts.

i get hundreds of spam each day but it all goes directly into the spam folder. bit annoying and have no clue how i get so much

Is the spam actually getting through to your inbox? If so, click on the report as spam button and then any email mailed from the address will go to the spam folder. I get 125 spam messages a day and not one of them hits my inbox

Spam has been reduced quite a bit since I have been using filters. Still not as easy as blocking all addresses that are not on your contact list, but it is working. Thanks guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom