Gmail password recover stuck in a loop.

Gieffe

Beta member
So,

1. I forgot my Gmail password

2. I followed the recovery process, in theory successfully (code sent to phone + code sent to 2nd e-mail address)

3. Three days later Google sent me an e-mail at my elected recovery e-mail address saying I can now access my e-mail account (note that Google "recovery success" email does not have any "reset your password" kind of link)

4. I go through the login process and I am taken for another spin in the merry go around: Username: here; Password: I don't remember it; hit "forgot password"; start all over; receive the success e-mail from Google; and so on forever and ever into eternity

Has Google lost its marbles?

I should add: I am still logged in into Gmail both on my PC and my Phone. And I am terrified of logging out of there, as I may never get back. Is this the reason why I am stuck in a loop?

I should also add that, despite the fact that typing www.gmail.com in Chrome takes my straight to my account without asking any questions, there are no traces of my password in Chrome.

Finally, I should add that I have the 2-step verification process enabled.

Any idea on how to get out of the groundhog day?

Thanks!

What the hell are you talking about, absolute nonsense. Do You at all know what means logged in, what is session, how long session lasts if You're inactive, etc. Have You ever heard something about logon cookies etc.

So,

1. I forgot my Gmail password

2. I followed the recovery process, in theory successfully (code sent to phone + code sent to 2nd e-mail address)

3. Three days later Google sent me an e-mail at my elected recovery e-mail address saying I can now access my e-mail account (note that Google "recovery success" email does not have any "reset your password" kind of link)

4. I go through the login process and I am taken for another spin in the merry go around: Username: here; Password: I don't remember it; hit "forgot password"; start all over; receive the success e-mail from Google; and so on forever and ever into eternity

Has Google lost its marbles?

I should add: I am still logged in into Gmail both on my PC and my Phone. And I am terrified of logging out of there, as I may never get back. Is this the reason why I am stuck in a loop?

I should also add that, despite the fact that typing www.gmail.com in Chrome takes my straight to my account without asking any questions, there are no traces of my password in Chrome.

Finally, I should add that I have the 2-step verification process enabled.

Any idea on how to get out of the groundhog day?

Thanks!
Ok so from my understanding, you are still logged in but dont remember the password of an account you use regularly given its on 2 devices without the password cached.

Sounds like it aint your account.

If it is, then contact google supoort to help you.

Case closed.

Ok so from my understanding, you are still logged in but dont remember the password of an account you use regularly given its on 2 devices without the password cached.

Sounds like it aint your account.

If it is, then contact google supoort to help you.

Case closed.

The two answers I got on this forum as so moronic that it is almost impossible to believe that they are real. Unfortunately they are, which makes me think that perhaps this is a "Made by Neanderthal for Neanderthal" kind of place.

Thankfully, there are other forums where members are more evolved than Neanderthals and I got the solution in a matter of minutes. Image attached for your reference -- Morons!

Now, give everybody a favour: go back to the cave you came from and never come out again.

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 11
Yeah sorry, you got a noob and a troll answering you :/ glad you got help elsewhere and thanks for posting the solution!

Yeah sorry, you got a noob and a troll answering you :/ glad you got help elsewhere and thanks for posting the solution!

Im niether of them.. that fact he has forgotten his password for 2 devices which are signed in with session cookies baffles me..

And I would question anyone in this scenario..

Im not providing technical guidance to a suspicious post.. you should know better Soul

:cool:

Back
Top Bottom