gmail

Status
Not open for further replies.

revenge2

In Runtime
whens gmail getting out of beta? its been like this for agesss. I'm not complaining though!, i prefer gmail out of all other mail providers on the net however i do wish they made it look a little better. But then again they might skrew up the feel of gmail if they did something new...Anyway..back to my question, any idea when gmails going "out" of beta?:)

Google keeps everything in "beta" so they can change it at will. Smart thinking on their part.

There are a couple of Firefox extensions 9as well as Greasemonkey scripts) that may do what you want with Gmail's look and interface.

Technically it is out of Beta. They just never changed the logo. It is a common comception that when they stopped using Invites to get a GMail account that it was considered then out of Beta.

ahh rite the invitation days... good times. Hmm im gonna look for those ff extensions now...

I suppose it is a smart marketing move to go on with Beta prefix. This way they keep users in sustain, look, a thread about that appeared on this forum. Advertising is never enough, even Google needs advertising. By the way, I like Gmail Classic more than its newest version. I prefer plain things. So, no more Firefox extensions for me, I have enough of them, even my computer starts working slowly when I browse the Web with FF...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom