Forum posts> RSS? >Email >MSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

frankly

Beta member
Is there anyway of setting up the following information transmission chain? Im not sure if its the most efficient way but seems to be a reasonable route.

Keyword forum posts (on forum with no RSS) > RSS reader > Email > MSN messenger

I basically need to be informed of any posts which are made on a certain web forum which doesnt have RSS, and it needs to be keyword activated.
The delay between when the post is made and whenI am notified is also important, the quicker the better.
Ideally I need to receive these notifications whilst on the move, hence MSN being the final destination for the info (I can use a smartphone on 3 network to receive MSN notifications.)

If there is a better way to go about it Id love to know, but if anyone can help me setup the above chain or refer me to a company who can I would be very grateful.

Thankyou in advance,
Frank
:)

I reckon it's going to be hard enough to manage to read every update automatically without the support of RSS on this forum, let alone trying to display them in your MSN Messenger window.

Quite frankly I think it's impossible to do it in a simple way; I think you would really need to download (or create) a plug-in for MSN, and then still, it would need to be able to access the forum database since there's no simple RSS feed.

Hi- Thanks for your reply.
It's not actually this forum I need to monitor, sorry maybe I wasnt clear enough.
The page I'm monitoring is a 'recent posts' type page, which shows the latest 100 threads which have posts in. I would only need notification if a keyword is present on the page (any keyword I define).
I hope it is possible, but it does seem vdifficult I agree.

I have heard of services which can 'create' RSS feeds for pages without, though the only one I could find didn't work very well.
Hmm..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom