firefox won't access the net

Status
Not open for further replies.

technoknowledge

Beta member
I installed 1.5 and now it won't let me acess the net, while I still can with IE. My firewall isn't blocking it, so what might the problem be?

First of all, go to Preferences>General>Connection Settings to make sure that it's set up right.

I am from Portland, too, by the way.

I have a direct connection to the net. The same page always come up at whatever address I try to access.

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at (whatever site)
* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
moments.

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

Should I reinstall an older version? Why technology, WHY?!

Portlanders unite!

Open up Options, General, Connection Settings. Make sure that what you think it said is still what it says.

Yeah, still says direct connection with the internet. Before I had installed 1.5, my computer wouldn't let me access secure sites no matter what browser I used, despite having my security ssl options and tsl option turned on. I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it...

Well it seems to never change from being connected directly to the net, though this is only under frequent checkins in the options over the past few days. I doubt that before I started checking it liked to switch back and forth. Thanks for all of your input so far, I really appreciate it.

my computer wouldn't let me access secure sites no matter what browser I used, despite having my security ssl options and tsl option turned on. I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it...
Very possibly.

Comb through your firewall settings and see if you find anything that might stop it.

As a last resort, turn off your firewall and see if you can access the net without it.

I have exactly the same problem so for now I have reverted back to 1.0.7. This version works fine, cannot see why 1.5 wont work :(

Fixed the problem now. I uninstalled the previous version of firefox before i installed 1.5. I did not do this the first time, so i suspect this was the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom