Firefox will not connect to any website

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chad711

Daemon Poster
I have researched this over and over.

My daughters laptop will not connect to anything with Firefox. IE and Safari work just fine. However I hate both of those and do not want her using either of them. I tried to download Chrome for the heck of it but during install it states it tries to connect to internet but something fails I guess and doesn't install.

I tried going to about:config to change that ipv6 thing from false to true, didn't work. I've added FF to permissions in firewall, I have even turned off firewall and tried it. There is no virus protection software. She only goes to Disney website and I installed a Little Pet Shop game on there for her. Other then that nothing has been uninstalled, installed, changed or anything. It just stopped working! :(

I even uninstalled Firefox and tried a fresh install. Doesn't work. I checked Proxy settings, etc.

Any ideas?

It's a old thinkpad on XP

Tried Revo Uninstaller to remove Firefox along with your profile folder then reinstall it?

No dice!!! This is really a kick in the pants! Seriously why would it not work? I currently have two other laptops and a desktop all working fine with Firefox on my network as I speak. However this ONE computer will not allow it. It worked fine and just stopped working. I know how computers work so it's just hard to believe....

Oh well, think I am just going to upgrade this to Vista any way.

Could be a infection. You said that there wasnt any protection. Could very well be spyware or something preventing Firefox from working.

Well glad you got it resolved the way you wanted. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom