firefox stopped working

Status
Not open for further replies.

straightv6

Not A Super Techie
i had around five tabs opened up in firefox. when i tried to click a link inside one of the tabs it froze up, so i tried another tab and it did the same thing. i figured i would close it out completely and open it up again. it closed like normal, i.e. it asked if i wanted to close all 5 tabs, i clicked yes. when i tried to open it back up it asked me if i wanted to use the default profile or something like that. i tried to use it but it said it was already in use.

can someone tell me what happened?

i think it's still stuck in your computer memory.

i've had this happen before.

just restart your computer and all shall be good :D

you can also ctrl alt delete and look through your processes and close from there.

it should open back up as normal.

odd.. but if you re install firefox it will. but hmm thats odd. maybe go to options>advanced> look for certification maybe (no clue on that sorry just a shot in the dark..) maybe u can add urself from there and itll use ur settings. if not sorry...

ZeroX said:
it didn't load up your default options?
when i tried to open it the first time i had to create another profile. it is loading the one i just created. there has to be a place to switch which profile i'm using because i saw it when it made me create one.

should i upgrade to 1.0.3 while i'm at? is there an upgrade or do i have to use the 4.7mb file from mozilla.org?

hope this can help you out

firefox itself is installed here (by default):
C:\Program Files\Mozilla firefox\

Your profile, by default, is here:
C:\Documents and Settings\[user]\Application Data\Mozilla\firefox\profiles\default.?

The [user] is whatever user you are logged into Windows XP as. The? at the end is a random 3-character string for security. Within the firefox directory in the profile path, there is a profiles.ini which has the information on profiles within your user on this computer.

To backup your firefox profile, just backup everything from firefox on down (including profiles.ini) in the profile path. To restore, just copy it all back.

To manage multiple profiles, just start firefox with the -profilemanager commandline option as shown here:
http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/profile#new

you should upgrade while your doing this also. just use the mozilla site download. no need to uninstall.

use my sig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom