Firefox not connecting

Status
Not open for further replies.

M2k4

In Runtime
Ever since I downloaded the latest version of Firefox today (window came up and downloaded automatically) it will no longer connect. IE works fine but Firefox gets nothing when connecting to a website, the modem lights don't flash or anything. I've tried reinstalling and I don't have any firewall/antivirus software on my computer (including windows firewall, I don't belive in any of that stuff)
Anyone know how to get it back working again? I deleted the extentions in case there was a conflict with the newer version but that didn't work either.
Any help is appreciated.

Check the connection settings in Firefox to make sure nothing changed when you updated

What he said, and make sure its not set to "work offline".

I got a prompt yesterday telling me there was a newer version of FF so i installed it straight away and everythings fine.

I checked the connection settings and they are exactly the same as they were before. The work offline option is also not enabled. How could this happen? Any more help is greatly appreciated.

Check the proxy setting.

If you don't use a proxy, make sure it isn't set for one.

If you do use a proxy, make sure it is still set for the right one.

No firewall? You've got a bigger set than I do. My firewall has saved my bacon quite a few times.

I don't use a proxy and the connections settings are "directly connect to internet" that's how they've always been. I've tried everything I can think of, is there anything I could've missed?

Export your bookmarks to the desktop, then uninstall Firefox. You also need to delete the profile(s) for Firefox (look in C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\application data and delete the Mozilla folder). Then reinstall Firefox.

By exporting your bookmarks you will now be able to add them back to Firefox by droping them into the new Mozilla folder under your profile (which should be the only one there).

Trotter said:
Export your bookmarks to the desktop, then uninstall Firefox. You also need to delete the profile(s) for Firefox (look in C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\application data and delete the Mozilla folder). Then reinstall Firefox.

By exporting your bookmarks you will now be able to add them back to Firefox by droping them into the new Mozilla folder under your profile (which should be the only one there).

I just tried that, I didn't delete the profile folder before so I thought it must work this time but still same "connection timed out" page. I followed the steps exactly. I don't understand why it is doing this, everything else can connect except Firefox. Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom