Firefox Has Low User Retention Rate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Firefox Has Low User Retention Rate

According to Mozilla, 75% of the people that download Firefox do not become active users.

"In order for Firefox to reach our market share goals, we need to improve our ability to retain users. Currently, approximately 50% of the people who download Firefox actually try it and about 50% of those people continue to use it actively."

If you just explain firefox right, they'll use it. I tell them about the poor people I meet who lost their money through credit card fraud because they downloaded a file without knowing it. A file, downloaded, not even knowing about it. Too many options in Internet Explorer that are too easily accessed, then some idiot goes in there, oh let's turn the settings to low YAY, VIRUSES, YAY ACTIVEX SCRIPTS.

Man, Firefox, that's the way business is done. I don't care how many people use it, I just care that it stops the problems. If they prefer not to use it, then I call it their fault for screwing themselves.

Also, not to mention that Internet Explorer has a tendency to unintentionally let scripts run and screw things up, not to mention Windows Media Player and all the Internet programs that come with Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom