Firefox crashing issues - reinstalled everything except OS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thresh

Desktop Engineer
Nevermind. I finally found the problem - a VLC plugin was conflicting with Quicktime.

I have reinstalled Firefox itself, tried the new Firefox 2 "beta", reinstalled DirectX, and ActiveX. I've also scanned my computer for viruses, trojans, etc... with several different programs. I'm stumped. A friend of mine also uses Firefox and I asked him to try out a web page that always causes Firefox to crash, and it didn't effect him. Here's the web page for you Firefox users:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/ghostrider/hd/

It's really just any trailer page in general on that site. You click the size of the movie trailer you want to download, and it crashes. I found that it does this randomly and rarely, on other web pages too. Anyone heard of this issue or have it themselves? Maybe a solution? Thanks.

Only thing I've noticed so far are the new brighter icons. I haven't really explored anything beyond that, and honestly don't have a need. The more simple, slightly faster, and virus resistant browser is why I downloaded Firefox in the first place - and it still delivers, but with a little bit better looks. So I'm ok with it. It's definitly no big deal though. I'm sure there's alot of underlying features that improve reliability that I'm not noticing though. But anyway, like I said, the user interfacing is only slightly different with better looking icons.... nothing I'm too excited about. The day I see a noticeable increase in my internet speed and downloads (even though that's not really possible) is when I'll be very excited. ;-)

I liked the individual close buttons on each tab. Other than that, I don't see that much difference. It does look a bit better, but you can always skin it.

Make sure to make your extensions compatible with Nightly Tester Tools.

Many of my extensions have been updating to make them work with 2.0, but I'm impatient so I used NTT to do it NOW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom