Firefox bookmarks not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryan7777

Baseband Member
When I try and bookmark something to a subfolder under the "Bookmarks Menu" I click 'bookmark' and then 'done' but when I go look in the sub-folder where it is supposed to be, it isn't there. When I save to the regular "Bookmarks Menu" though then it saves correctly. I thought this was very odd behavior, could this be malware of some sort or is there something wrong with my settings?

Thanks for any feedback, Ryan.

It has to be your settings. I just worked within Firefox and bookmarked a few sites just yesterday and it was working fine for me. Malware isnt written to prevent you from saving bookmarks. They have far more malicious intent with it.

What settings would prevent saving to some locations but not others. Any ideas at what settings to look at?

I looked through my Firefox but I don't see anything that would stop you except possibly if you have Sync turned on.

Can you manually move bookmarks by dragging them tot he folder(s)?

I tried the manual dragging and yes that worked in getting them into subfolders. But then I again tested doing that the normal way by clicking 'bookmark this page' ect..and it still wouldn't register the new bookmarks...??

Instead of clicking Done right away, can't you pick Choose Folder and then select the folder it wants to save to? Does that do anything? It has to be an extension you have installed that is causing this conflict for you.

That could be it, Firefox just updated and when it was re-loading it said updating 'downlaod helper' I think it was, something I used once and havn't thoguht about since...would uninstalling that help? How do I do that?

Or do I need to re-install Firefox?

edit...I am choosing the folder beofre pressing done, and it's not working.

edit again....found it in the add-ons folder and uninstalled, need to test.

hmmm, uninstalled download helper and rebooted and it didn't clear the problem...any other ideas?

If it were me...

Backup your bookmarks (click Firefox button > Bookmarks > Show All Bookmarks > Import and backup)

Uninstall Firefox.

Delete your Firefox profile and folder (C:\Users\[your name]\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla).

Reinstall Firefox, your extensions, and then import your bookmarks.

I've kept firefox 3.6 'cause I hate updating things where everything moves around, I already have Chrome installed, I could just switch to that if it's going to be just as different as the new Firefox.

Do new Fire Fox versions have the ability to keep the old interface, I like the 'File' 'Edit' 'View' 'Bookmarks' drop down menue's where they are. Is there an option to keep those?
If not I'll just jump to Chrome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom