Firefox 4.0 Beta.... Uhh memory hog?

Status
Not open for further replies.
51?!?!?!?!
:omg:

Yep. And I have three that are installed but disabled. ;)

Like I have said, I like my customized Firefox. But I am thinking that I need to go through the list and see if I can drop any that are no longer used much.

Alright you think thats bad...well in chrome when ever you open a new tab it puts a new process (in task manger).So its not that bad.But theres also something you can do to lower the ram of firefox,its called bar tab.What it does is if you have a tab you dont work it takes it off the mb:).Tell me if your interested in doing that.

Actually that is a great feature and it is also in IE9 as well. Cause if you have an issue with a specific site and therefor a tab, it doesnt crash the browser just that tab. You can then force close that 1 items and still browse the web as normal. I love that feature. I think it is the best thing that they could have done with tabbed browsers since they became popular.

I have actually switched back to FF becuase the commit usage is too high in IE8. I had WSRM take care of it but I got sick of the excessive I/O reads that IE8 had. I have also found so many addons that I love on FF that will never make it to IE.

Youtube watching really set off WSRM constantly and I got tired of it and tired of the excessive bloat IE had. FF has the plugin container process and BAM! the mem usage is down without WSRM!!!! Perfect!

I rarely have tabs crash now. FF has gotten way more stable!

My FF usage for 25 tabs is about 340MB RAM and 540MB Commit Charge. Not too bad! ***Just checked I got 12 addons installed including the realplayer video downloader***

Normally with betas they don't have the memory optimized just yet. Minecraft is one of those betas as well! Give it some time. Hope it will improve!

I would use IE9 but that requires a platform update for server 2008 and It won't install.

There are some problems with Fire Fox Beta versions...
However I used Fire fox 3.6, and its works pretty coo...
No problems facing yet...

I just download the beta 12. I decided to make a new profile just for it and that seemed to help out a lot. I'm in no hurry to move from 3.6, though, as it will take a lot of time to set 4.0 up anywhere near my current arrangement.

Let's see... Firefox 4 Beta 12 running on Ubuntu 10.10 32 bit...
1 tab (Facebook), no extensions: 51.0 Megs

Firefox 4 Beta 11 running on Vista SP2 64 bit... 1 tab, Facebook, no extensions..
57.6MB

Firefox 4 Beta 6 running on Vista SP2 64 bit... 1 tab, Facebook, no extensions..
63.3MB

I don't know why I had both installed.. I haven't bothered with Firefox since I switched to Chrome :thumbsup:

My Chrome sits at ~1GB :tongue:
aafdfafdfa_by_dingisfargle-d3af14o.png

http://www.deviantart.com/download/198895992/aafdfafdfa_by_dingisfargle-d3af14o.png

FF Beta 11, 12 tabs, ~550MB

It always takes about a week to notify me to download the latest, and I cba to do it manually :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom