Firefox 4.0 Beta 1 Is Out, Download Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Firefox 4.0 Beta 1 Is Out, Download Now

The Mozilla developers have released the first beta of the long awaited Firefox 4.0 web browser. Regular readers might know that this version was offered as Firefox 3.7 previously and has now been renamed to Firefox 4.0, a release of the final version is expected at the end of this year.
Firefox 4.0 continues where Firefox 3.7 has left off. It sports a new interface design, something that many veteran Firefox users may have problems adopting with.

New interface is much needed :) After using Chrome, going back to FF infuriates me because of the inefficient interface :p

Is it worth trying? Mak? :)

I DL it, but it didn't want to work with my current FF setup. i will give it another go once it comes on along.

It is decent. But seriously dont use it for just the new interface. Even such extensions as Nightly Tester Tools is being reported as not working and there is no way to force compatibility with the new Add On interface.

Hmm, i saw this on a tech blog when i had already been using the beta for 4 or 5 days or something. Wierd.

Anyway, it's a bit of a joke at the moment - crash's too much, but i really like the interface and what-seems-like a speed increase.

edit:

Dont change to Comic Sans font when creating an Ebay listing. It keeps crashing it :cry:

I cant say that it crashes to much. I havent had a single crash yet. Been using it non stop since i installed it. I do know that 2 extensions gave much headache.

Flagfox & Better Privacy

Still no 64-bit version of Adobe Flash, so most people will have to use the 32-bit version
I think that's probably the one reason 64-bit browsers still aren't really used

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom