Firefox 3 Bookmark information

Status
Not open for further replies.

KSoD

Call me Mak or K, Mod Emeritus
Well since Firefox 3 is the new standard for this open source browser i am writing this tutorial up so that users can figure out how to get their bookmarks imported to the browser for use.

The first step is to download and install Firefox 3. From there click on Bookmarks>Orangize bookmarks. Will bring up a window. From there it should look like this empty.

ffbookmark1.png

From there select the Import and Backup option. Here select Import HTML.

ffbookmark2.png

There the Import Wizard will come up.

ffbookmark3.png

Here i choose to import a HTML file that i have already backed up from Opera earlier. So i select import from file. Then navigate to the spot where i know the HTML file is. There i select it.

ffbookmark4.png

From here my bookmarks get imported under the generic bookmark menu folder.

ffbookmark5-1.png

There just drag and drop which folders you want in the Toolbar to the Bookmark Toolbar folder and they will appear there when you close out that window.

Now to backup is is pretty much the same thing. Go under Bookmarks>Organize Bookmarks. There select Export.

ffbookmark6.png

From here it will show your desktop as the default location. Now this is a alright idea. But it wont be good for backup since if you have to format they will be lost. So navigate to someplace on your PC that you know you can save them for a later date. Then just click Save when you have the location.

ffbookmark7.png

Bookmarks backed up that easily. Done. You now have your bookmarks imported to Firefox 3 and you have them backed up for future reference.

Tried to download it on Firefox 2,

Downloaded as a zipped file, tried to open it with WinZip and it didn't open...

I got fed up with it and deleted it. :\

I am sorry i dont understand what you are asking or saying. This information is for Firefox 3. Not Firefox 2. That has to be done totally different cause of the fact it doesnt have the Bookmark control that Firefox 3 does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom