Firefox 3.6 Download [Firefox]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Firefox 3.6 Download [Firefox]

Firefox 3.6 has just been released which might come as a surprise to some users who just read the news a few days ago that Firefox 3.6 RC2 had been released. It is very likely that this second release candidate and the final release are identical due to the short time span between the two releases.
The new Firefox 3.6 release is currently distributed to mirror servers worldwide to ensure that it can be distributed to Firefox users without performance problems as soon as the release has been officially announced on the Mozilla website and through the web browsers's update checker.

Just publicly released it. In fact, I caught it when they first uploaded it...it still said Firefox 3.5 above the download link while the version underneath said 3.6...smooooth.

EDIT: After toying with it for a few minutes, I'll tell you the two things that stick out so far:

It does the Aero preview thing like IE does: shows each tab in separate previews. Bye bye loads of tabs...hate this feature already and I can't see a way of turning it off yet.

One thing I do like is the inclusion of "personas". Not a huge deal or anything, but you can preview what they look like by just mousing over them, and they're really simple to install. No restart required, and you know what they look like on your personal browser right away. Really nifty idea in my opinion.

It does the Aero preview thing like IE does: shows each tab in separate previews. Bye bye loads of tabs...hate this feature already and I can't see a way of turning it off yet.

That irks my about IE too, I just end up clicking whatever preview shows up and then going into the correct tab. It's an additional step that I don't like to take so I continue to use IE as a second browser, which is next to never.

Okay, I'm really liking personas. It reminds me of old-school winamp skins, except they don't look like a 3 year old designed them. Same concept though, no button skinning from what I can tell.

Yeah I just installed 3.6 and I like the personas stuff too, nice add on. I am not sharing the same as you are hikari with the previewed tabs...I just get the same single window preview even though I have 5 tabs in it.

Same as James here. Maybe it is an extension we are running that's stopping it from doing it?

The only add-ons I use with FF is Flashblock, NoScript, and FBE. It's something on Hikari's side then probably.

Dunno. I opened up a load of tabs and checked it in Task Manager (I use AnVir's) and it was still a single process and no additional previews. I haven't rebooted since I installed/upgraded, so I don't know if that would have some thing to do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom