Firefox 3.5 Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Source Firefox 3.5 Preview

The Mozilla Firefox team has released a new version of the upcoming Firefox web browser
. The version is called Firefox 3.5 Preview by the team and is listed as Firefox 3.5b99 on the Mozilla ftp site and about pages in the web browser. Users who are already working with the Firefox 3.5x branch can update the web browser by going to help > check for updates. This checks if a new version of Firefox is available with the option to download the new version right away.

I tried that yesterday with the Check for updates and it didnt work. I downloaded and install it manually and removed the 3.5 Beta 4. So unless they finally put this on the update server it wasnt working like this as of 11pm EST 6/8/2009.

Same. FF3.5b99 installs as a different program instead of an update. I DL manually the day it came out.

The RC is scheduled for 10 June, or was. It could be pushed back if the code warrants it.

[EDIT] Here's the DL link for it: Index of /pub/mozilla.org/firefox/nightly/3.5b99-candidates/build2/win32/en-US

[EDIT #2]
Within the next 24 hours, the Firefox 3.5 beta 4 will auto-update to what Mozilla is calling a "preview" version. Users can also force the update by going to the Help menu, then Check for Updates. At the time of writing, it doesn't appear that users can download the 3.5 Preview version directly.
Source

In 7, I'm currently using that Shiretoko 3.5 version...not sure exactly which build it is. Works pretty well though.

Shiretoko is the nightly builds (I think). I used them for a while, but had a major stability problem once and moved over to the betas. I think it was a program conflict, but it wasn't worth my effort to troubleshoot it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom