Firefox 3.0 Release Candidate 1 available on Mozilla servers

Status
Not open for further replies.

KSoD

Call me Mak or K, Mod Emeritus
Moving right along according to plan, the first release candidate of Firefox 3.0 appeared this morning among Mozilla's beta and candidate downloads.

As best as we can tell, it's the genuine article. As expected, most of the plug-ins recently upgraded for usability with Beta 5 were inoperable in this version, though our plug-in to switch rendering engines with Internet Explorer at will, is functional. The "About" screen clearly registered the product as "Firefox 3.0" instead of "Firefox 3.0b5." And after installation, the browser attempted to load a "What's new in 3.0" page that does not yet exist.
In the early going, we notice one obvious new addition: A link marked "Most Visited" appears next to the "Smart Bookmarks" button in the Links toolbar, which itself was an addition that cropped up, we believe, in Beta 3. Clicking on this button brings up a list of URLs that appear to be the top 10 members of the current History buffer.
The default skin looks ever-so-slightly tweaked, with more space between the new "Back" and "Forward" rocker-switch-looking contraption and the "Reload current page" button. Some pixels appear to have been cropped from the Address bar to make room.

Source

Download link provided by Makaveli213

Firefox 3 En Installer

Yes with Nightly Tester tools your extensions will still work. Mine still do. ;)

I like the new Vista look. The enlarged back button seems nice to me as well. Normally i would hate it but with the new look on Vista that button actually looks smexy.

I like the new Vista look. The enlarged back button seems nice to me as well. Normally i would hate it but with the new look on Vista that button actually looks smexy.

never used the buttons, always used kb shortcuts but the new sleek look is nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom