firefox?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheHumanComputer

Daemon Poster
what is wrong with firefox?

it keeps on crashing every like 5 mins and its peeing me off.

does anyone know how to stop it?

and does anyone know is google crome is any better? or know of any better browers?

What version are you using?
You may need to update...

Also do you have any add-ons? they can mess it up occasionally (Speed Dial screwed up mine)

Try updating your add-ons (Flash, Shockwve, WMP, Java, etc). A site that requires a newer version can sometimes crash your browser.

May I suggest using Opera. I'm not bashing Firefox, you just asked for any better browsers, and I really like Opera over it.

Personally, I've never liked Opera myself, and I don't find Chrome to be any better than FF.

Chrome 1 is no better. It uses a older version of WebKit which is NOT secure. Chrome 2 is a pain to assemble and work with. Not worth it.

Safari 4 Beta looks nice and operates smoothly. But it is a beta.

What kind of operating system are you running?

When i'll first got vista i had similiar problems like you, however after re-installing and running it in Service Pack XP 2, it worked fine.

I have run Firefox on every Windows OS from 98 to Windows 7. There is nothing wrong with Vista. I used it for over 18 months without a issue using Firefox.

(Flash, Shockwve, WMP, Java, etc).
Running WindowsLiveOne care with latest firefox. IE7 uninstall not available even after moving down to SP2. Keep ya informed if any problems arise. 1care might reserve ie7 to run.
I haven't tried updating like trotter's quote....Edit... need flashplayer update for you tube. But user friendly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom