Firefox 2.0 cookies dissapeared!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon.Lee

Baseband Member
All my cookies etc have disappeared and it will not remember any of my logins etc.

I removed and re-installed it and still no joy. It doesnt even ask for it to remember usernames anymore.

anyone had any similar problems?

Hmmm.... I'm at work and don't have access to my Firefox. I'll try to check it when I get home.

For cookies, I use Cookie Culler to protect and save the cookies I want to keep.

OK, under Tools > Options > Security > check "Remember passwords for sites".

Tools > Options > Privacy > check "Accept cookies from sites" > select "Until they expire"

Install CookieCuller:
https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/82/ Then choose which cookies you want to protect. Make sure you use CookieCuller to clear out your cookies, though... it only protects cookies if you use it to clear 'em. If you manually clear cookies through the browser, you just screwed the pooch.

OK. Under Privacy, do you have a checkmark beside "Always clear my private data when I close Firefox"?

Sounds like something outside of FF, then. I dunno if you have a cleaner of some sort (CCleaner, for instance) set to clean this stuff up, but that's what it sounds like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom