Firefox 2.0.0.14 critical update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Firefox 2.0.0.14 has been released and is currently available through the automatic update function in Firefox and the main Mozilla website. The new update to Firefox 2 is a security update that fixes one critical issue, a crash in the JavaScript garbage collector which is actually more of a stability fix than a security fix. The reason why it is still listed as a security fix is that issues like these have been exploited before in the past.
I suggest you update your version of Firefox 2 as soon as possible, users of Firefox 3 seem safe for now and do not have to do anything. The same issue will also be fixed in upcoming releases of Thunderbird and Seamonkey which are not yet available for download.

Firefox 2.0.0.14 critical update

Cool have to check Auto Updates. Thank for the notice.

I am 5 hours behind that. So it might not be ready for me. :p

Honestly i dont know. I dont have Firefox 2 on the laptop. Just Firefox 3.

I can't say really. As i havent used Firefox since version 0.7 and just started to use the Beta. Plus it is only beta and not final so things can change in a instant.

I used Firefox 2 for about 2 days and went directly to Firefox 3. I am a beta tester. I love to mess with these things.

Personally i like Firefox 3. They have done a better job with the Memory leaks compared to Version 2. I like the new look with the big Back button and all that. I dont bother with the smart Bookmarks.

But overall it is very nice. I use it more often than not now. I have to start testing IE8 and Opera 9.50 again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom