find image in my cache that is no longer online - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Internet > Internet Software and Browsers
Click Here to Login

Old 11-12-2019, 04:18 AM   #1 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Default find image in my cache that is no longer online

saw an image on Reddit a few days ago that's no longer online. How would I find it in my cache? I use the Torch browser which runs on the Chrome engine, so essentially I'm using Chrome.

You want the best? Here I am
bigdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 09:45 AM   #2 (permalink)
Private Joker

Default Re: find image in my cache that is no longer online

Check out this tool:
ChromeCacheView - Cache viewer for Google Chrome Web browser

Go to File --> Select Cache Folder and point it to your browser's cache folder. For example, Google Chrome's cache folder is:
%LocalAppData%\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Cache

If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the under my post
carnageX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 09:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Default Re: find image in my cache that is no longer online

Thanks Carnage. Yes I should've mentioned I already tried that tool before posting here. Not sure why it's not working. I'm using a browser called Torch which is based on the Chrome engine. This tool only gave me old IE images - which is confusing because I've used all the major browsers in the last few months *except* for IE. So I would've expected to see results from Opera, Fx, and Chrome. But no, only IE.

Anyway so I went to the Chrome section of that software and changed the default directory from the typical Chrome directory to the path where Torch's cache is. But no results.

Do you know what's up?

Alternatively I know where Torch's cache is, and it has a ****load of files with no extensions. Are these supposed to be image files or something else? Based on googling it seems like these should be able to open in an image viewer, but that's not working.

I should mention, the image I'm looking for was viewed at 8:20 AM (according to my History). In the cache I'm seeing a file at 8:15 and 8:30. Does this mean files don't go to the cache right away, and I should look at the 8:30 file?

Thanks!

You want the best? Here I am
bigdan is offline   Reply With Quote