favorites password?

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolbrze

In Runtime
I use Internet Explorer as my browser w/ Verizon DSL. Is there a way I can password protect my favorites folder so my kids can't access it?

I don't think there is a way of doing that, but i think if you set up different accounts on your computer (like everyone has their own account) and you protect your files when you create a password, the favourites will be protected, otherwsie you could try switching to firefox or opera, im pretty sure they both allow for separate account for internet browsing so only you should be able to see your favourites

Death Row said:
I don't think there is a way of doing that, but i think if you set up different accounts on your computer (like everyone has their own account) and you protect your files when you create a password, the favourites will be protected, otherwsie you could try switching to firefox or opera, im pretty sure they both allow for separate account for internet browsing so only you should be able to see your favourites

Thanks, didn't even think of that. I did it and it works for now - until they figure out you can go to docs & settings and see my favorites :) I tried hiding that folder, but then my browser doesn't see it...

When you say you hid the folders, do you mean you went to the folder properties and chose hidden?

Because if thats what you meant, then do this, go to user accounts, and remove your password, then add the password again, upon doing this you should get the screen i've posted, choose to make private.

also if that doesn't work, and you really are adamant about them not knowing, your favourites, you could take them out of the folder, encrypt them somewhere, and replace them, when you need them, you could even download a macro program to do this for you.

Another thing which you could do is to have a homepage with your favourites in it, if you go here
http://www.awesomestart.com/preferences/
assuming you have either have four favourites or less you can use this site to add the links for you, but if you know html or have dreamweaver/frontpage you can add more
private5gu.jpg

Death Row said:
When you say you hid the folders, do you mean you went to the folder properties and chose hidden?

Because if thats what you meant, then do this, go to user accounts, and remove your password, then add the password again, upon doing this you should get the screen i've posted, choose to make private.

Thanks again, I must have missed that option the 1st time around! Got it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom