favorite email service?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gmail cause it's so much better than anything I've ever used.

Spam actually never makes it to my inbox! Holy crap! A foreign concept!

Yahoo! mail FTW. I actually pay for the premium service though. $20/year and I never get spam or ads. The interface squashes Gmail's and is extremely fast and efficient.

I would rank them like this:
1. Yahoo
2. Live
3. Gmail

i use live but after reading about gmail with all its add ons,span filter and unlimited space i might change to gmail as a primary

Live Mail has 5GB of space. Gmail has just over 7GB. GMail is maxed out at 7352MB. It is not unlimited. You are only gaining 2GB if you move to GMail. If you havent filled in your Live Mail yet, then moving is not going to be worth it.

Plus GMail, while it does have some good spam filters, i still get a lot of junk. I get more junk with my GMail than i do with my Live. I am the exact opposite of Hikari. My Live mail i get only 1 or 2 pieces of spam while my GMail i am going to the web interface almost daily to report 10 or more emails.

Plus with Live you get SkyDrive which is another 5GB of storage of personal stuff, inter connectivity with your live Messenger, Blog, and so on.

While i know Google does have Blogspot, it is still extradited. Live has its own personal blog service not a 3rd party one. Google does have Gears and Docs and stuff, but you can mix your Live account with Office Online.

So each service has its pros and cons. I use both. It is just my Live is much better for me than my GMail.

Plus GMail, while it does have some good spam filters, i still get a lot of junk. I get more junk with my GMail than i do with my Live. I am the exact opposite of Hikari. My Live mail i get only 1 or 2 pieces of spam while my GMail i am going to the web interface almost daily to report 10 or more emails.

I would never get a speck of spam for ages, the only reason I started getting some is because I was doing a couple of those survey earn money things...but all the spam gets routed to the spam folder, and I get maybe 10 a day max all in that folder, so no biggie.

At least I'm not like Andi, I have no idea what she did to get so much spam, but she gets hundreds of spams in a week...yet, none of them touch her inbox.

I have briefly played around Hotmail and Yahoo. However since I have been using Gmail, I have been rather happy with hit.

Problems that I have had with Hotmail and Yahoo is that they keep on changing their minds on whether or not POP3 access is going to be Free or a Paid Premium service.

I can get Pop with hotmail in Outlook. ;) I will haev to write up that tut again. I did have it up but dont know what happened to the site.

My Gmail addy has been out there since the first round of invites went out for the Beta. So yeah i know i get more than someone who would just sign up, but the point being is that i have had my GMail and my Hotmail accounts for almost the same length in time, my GMail gets more even though i have used them both the same amount.

I've only used yahoo (long time ago), adelphia email, and gmail. I like gmail the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom